Monday, May 11, 2015

Driving to Prague

We left early Saturday morning and headed east toward Prague. I am happy to report I was much more comfortable driving in Berlin. City traffic was much lighter then when we arrived. We made it to the highway without any issues. 
After drving nearly 425 miles we needed to stop for gas. Gas I. Euope is sold by the liter. 
I have a 17 gallon tank so it took a lot of liters... Probably the most expensive tank of gas I will ever put in my car. 
Yes you read that correctly, nearly $100 to fill it up. 

We made it to the Czech boarder without any hiccups. We needed to purchase a sticker to drive on Czech roads. I believe it was 12 euros for 15 days. 


The city of Prague is absolutely stunning. Small cobblestone streets lined with beautiful buildings. Driving in Prague was stressful. The cobblestone is slippery and bumpy and the drivers were more aggressive then in Berlin. 
We found our hotel thanks to the garmin. But we had a police car fallow us the entire way in turns out there is a police station across the road for our hotel. 

This is the very narrow driveway I had to get my new car through. I m happy to report there are no dents in my new car, although I am not sure how we are going to get it out of the small courtyard. 
The court yard is very small but I felt like my car is safe.
We were welcomed with a glass of sparkling wine and given a map and details of our room. 
The room is very clean, but there must be something wrong with the air conditioner, because it was very hot. 
We left our bags and went out to discover the city. 






No comments:

Post a Comment