Monday, May 11, 2015

Our last day in Prague

We spend the morning up at the castle. It was pretty packed with tourist. John found out that there were 6,000 visitors a day, which means 1.3 million visitors a year. 
We walked up the stairs, 209 to be exact ( I counted on the way up) 
We were both a bit winded by the time we got to the top. The cathedral was pectacular.
 So many stained glass windows 
There was an adorable little street within the castle walls. The houses were so tiny and cute ( they are now all tourist shops).   here I am standing next to the front door of one, as you can se I a, taller then the door.
This is the grand hall of the castle 
A painting in the castle. We don't have many pictures from within the castle because photography is not allowed. 

After walking all morning we were pretty tired of seeing buildings and castle. So John and I headed our separate ways. He wanted to go to cross fit and I wanted to take an arial yoga class. 

I stopped the the coco cafe to blog and get a treat. I ordered an iced coffee and crissont. She must have mis understood me because I got coffee with ice cream ( and whipped cream) and crissont with a cup of delicious rich chocolate. I sat in the cafe for over an hour, blogging and relaxing. Then I headed off for my yoga class. 
It was about a 15 min walk from our hotel. It was located on the 7th floor. 
There were only 2 of us in the class. The class was fun, but spending so much time upside down was not good for me after eating that ice cream and crissont. But I managed to make it through the entire 1.5 hour class. It was just what I needed after so much walking. 
John headed off to the crossfit gym. He needed to take the train. He mapped out his route and purchased a train ticket for about $3. He left giving himself 50 min to get there. He could not find train 14 to save his life. He finally asked someone and headed to the other side of town, the crossfit gym was in a questionable part of town.the gym was in the basement of the building. John got there 2 min before it started. 
After our work outs we went out for a light dinner. Then we stopped at the coco cafe again and had macaroons and tea. 

We wondered around town and soaked up the views on our last night. 
Good bye Prague.. I hope to see you again. 






 



No comments:

Post a Comment