Thursday, January 3, 2013

Changing of the name

Remember when you were in Jr. High and you would write you would practice writing your name with your crushes last name? It was so fun and innocent. As our wedding is quickly approaching, the one thing that is giving me anxiety is changing my name. Is it because I live in portland full of independent progressive women? Or is it because its hard for me to change my identity?
It is important to me and John that our future children have the same last name as both of us, and let me tell you it's so confusing matching children to their parents when they don't have the same last name.
 The task of changing everything just seems daunting. Not only do I have to change the normal things, drivers license, passport, credit cards, banks, I have to change everything for my chiropractic practice, business cards, websites, license in both states, mal practice insurances, insurance panels, NDI number, denials from insurance companies because of my  new name. It's going to be a little bumpy for a while.
But also, all of my professional achievements are with my name. I just worked so hard to become Dr. Shannon Eder, and my name is how patients find me. Since I am still relativity fresh in my career this is the time to do it.
But it still makes me cringe when I think about it.

Dr Shannon Noel Anhorn. that's what it's going to be

No comments:

Post a Comment