Saturday, December 7, 2013

A teeny tiny Christmas Tree

Every year, since John and I have been together, we have always gone to a christmas tree lot and cut down our tree. Cutting down a tree has always been one of my favorite memories of the holidays from when I was a kid. I can remember my grandpa coming out with us, walking around the tree lot forever, and finally picking the best tree.  I always wanted to get a giant tree that could fit into our house. The day usually ended with my dad cutting a few feet off the tree to get it in the house.

John and I went back and forth about getting a tree this year and even celebrating Christmas at all. We decided that cutting down a tree would not be the best idea since we are going to be gone for so long.  It broke my heart a bit to not have a tree.

So I did the next best thing, I bought a teeny tiny christmas tree. It's a far cry from my normal 9 foot tree but I guess it will have to do for this year.  (Also, a lot less of a fire danger)

As you can tell, Miley is also a little sad about it. 
On and happier note, we are leaving for our trip in 5 days! It can not come soon enough. We have been having such cold, windy, snowy, icy weather here in Portland. It is about 20 degrees right now with a wind chill into the single digits. Costa Rica is ranging from 80-90 degrees. 

I will be updating the blog about our trip often so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment